Every owner of a dog in the Town of Minto is required to register their dog and renew the licence on an annual basis. Keeping a dog tag current and attached to your dog will help to identify your dog and have it returned to you if it becomes lost. Any dog that is picked up without a dog tag will incur additional fees and charges.
The Town of Minto has partnered with DocuPet to provide residents with an enhanced pet licensing experience. Your pet’s licence now includes DocuPet’s free HomeSafe™ 24/7 lost pet service and the option to upgrade to designer license tag styles with personalization options. Additionally, 20% of every product sale (designer tags, collars, leashes and Pet Essentials) is donated to Owen Sound Animal Shelter through DocuPet’s Safe&Happy Fund
Previously, all pet licenses expired yearly on December 31st, but through the new licensing partnership with DocuPet, all licences will be valid for a full 365 days after the date of purchase. Late fees will not be charged until April 1st for all licence types. After April 1st, late fees apply 30 days following expiration and apply to all licence types except for Service Animals.
The new, easy-to-use online licensing service provides a quick and seamless way to license your pet from the comfort of your home. When you register your pet in the Town of Minto, you will receive a unique licence ID tag to attach to their collar. Our licensing process with DocuPet allows residents to select a standard licence tag at no additional charge or upgrade to one of DocuPet’s colourful designer tag styles for $14.99.
Each DocuPet tag, standard or designer, doubles as a pet’s official Town of Minto licence and comes equipped with the HomeSafe™24/7 lost pet service, which relies on a dedicated full-time dispatch staff and linked pet profiles to help get lost pets home quickly.
Pet licences can be purchased online at townofminto.docupet.com, in person, over the phone or by mail.
Benefits of Licensing
Licensing your pet not only displays responsible pet ownership but it also helps fund local animal welfare initiatives in your community. In addition to your pet’s licence, here are some benefits of your DocuPet online profile:
- Hundreds of unique and colourful designer tag styles to choose from or design your own tag style online
- With full access to HomeSafe™ 24/7 lost pet service, upload recent photos of your pet and include important information that will help identify and retrieve them if they become lost
- Gain access to exclusive promotions and discounts
- Add additional pet guardians to your pet's profile
- Skip the trip and easily purchase or renew your pet's license from the comfort of home
- Upload important new documents for your pet by snapping a photo
- Make an optional donation to DocuPet’s Safe&Happy Fund and help support local animals in need
- Easily view and download your pet’s license documentation
- Read up on exclusive pet-focused content
- Manage, or make changes to your account at anytime including updating your contact information and making changes to pet details and status
- View your order status and history
Pet Licences Can be Purchased Online
Our licensing process with DocuPet allows residents to select a standard licence tag at no additional charge.