Community Improvement Programs
Façade & Signage Improvement Grant Program
The purpose of this program is to encourage facade and signage improvements for privately owned commercial buildings in the Community Improvement Areas within the Town of Minto.
This is a matching grant program, which means that the applicant pays a portion of the improvement and the Town provides a grant for a portion up to a maximum of $3,000 for facades and $1,000 for signage. Costs in excess of the maximum grant and loan shall be the responsibility of the applicant.
This grant is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis and applications are generally reviewed monthly.
Structural Grant Program
The purpose of the Structural Grant Program is to offer incentives to landowners, businesses and developers that propose significant commercial, industrial, residential or institutional projects that substantially renovate, restore, improve and update a prominent building or structure or key vacant property and accomplish more than one of the following:
- Address structural and life safety issues to create usable and efficient floor space
- Improve property standards or preserve architectural significance
- Remediate a brownfield site, or improve the environment by planting trees, protecting habitat, or other methods to enhance the natural ecosystems
- Upgrade public infrastructure such as sewer, water, storm, roadway, sidewalks
- Preserve or enhance employment opportunities
- Grant assistance is provided in the form of an up to 50% matching grant, which is paid upon completion of the previously approved work. Please review the specific grant program terms and conditions.
This grant is awarded in two in-takes a year and is an extremely competitive process.
Digital Main Street & Canada Digital Adoption Program Grant
The Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) program is focused on assisting small businesses with their adoption of technologies. The program provides training, advisory support and grants to brick-and-mortar small businesses looking to increase their capacity through digital transformation.
As part of the Canada Digital Adoption Program, the Government of Canada has partnered with Digital Main Street and their Shop HERE powered by Google program to deliver the Grow Your Business Online grant to small businesses across the country.
Eligible businesses will receive a micro-grant of up to $2,400 to help with the costs related to adopting e-commerce and supported by a network of e-commerce advisors.